Dial up ISDN (Integrated Service Digital Network ) is a service whereby Y.net customers can access the Internet through a 64kbps using an ISDN dial up MODEM. ISDN can transmit data at up to four times the speed of a fast analogue modem. Graphics, audio, and video come through much faster. Download time is substantially reduced. ISDN provides customers with more than one communication channel, first channel can be used for surfing the net while keeping the other channel for fax or voice.
Because ISDN is purely digital, it can more easily deliver data intact from end to end, largely eliminating the effects of noise. And because the 128 Kbps channel is essentially a pure "bit pipe," with no rate negotiation or handshaking involved, there are no modem speed or protocol differences to cause conflicts. In fact, because the negotiation phase with ISDN is so simple, ISDN takes only a second or two to dial and establish a connection (modems may take as long as a minute to accomplish the same thing). These benefits alone are worth the cost of two high-speed analog modems.
To utilize this service you need to have:
· Normal (analog) Internet account + ISDN Dialup service subscription
· ISDN terminal adapter or modem that support 64kbps or 128kbps speed.
For 64kbps dial-up
connection, the normal Dial-up access tariff will be applied with YR 3,240
monthly charge, see the table bellow.
How To Subscribe?
1- Visit Y.net sales at TeleYemen Office.
· Attach Application Letter
· Filling up ISDN connection Order form
· Copy of ID
· Copy of PTC telephone line agreement.
3- Personal Use Account (Non Yemeni)
· Filling up ISDN Order form
· Copy of Passport
· Guarantee letter from place of work
4- Companies, Org. Embassies, Gov.
· Filling up ISDN Order form, stamped and signed
· Covering (Application) letter
· Small companies are asked to bring a copy of telephone line ownership agreement.
5- Pay registration and first monthly charge.
· If the customer already has a normal Dial-up account, no need to attach copy of Tel. Agreement or guarantee letter.
· New customers should make normal Dial-up connection subscription before subscribing to have ISDN connection.
Setting-up ISDN Dial-up Connection
1. Follow up the instructions to install the ISDN Modem or adapter, during the set-up process.
2. ISDN standard type selects DSS1(Euro ISDN) Europe & South America
3. Type the ISDN Tel. Number (Optional) you can leave the fields blank
4. Specify required speed to be 64kpbps or 128kbps
5. Go to Dial-up Networking
6. Double click Make New Connection
7. Name the new dialer "ISDN Connection"
8. Select the ISDN Modem
9. In the telephone number field, type in 192 and pres "Finish" button. The new dialer will be created.
10. Select the new Dialer, click the mouse right button
11. Select "Properties"
12. In the General tab click "Configure" button, make sure the speed is to 64kbps
For any farther information, please dial 153.
Home | Yemen in Brief | YNET Background | Letter from Chairman | The Board of Directors | Branches | Technical Information | Analog Dial-up Connection | ISDN Connection | Leased Line | Domain Names | Web Hosting | Advertising Options | IP Address | POP Domain Mail | Application Forms | Rules and Regulations | Ynet Connection Set-Up | Help Desk and FAQs | Free E-mail | Useful Sites | Downloads | Calling Line Identification | Access Time & Usage | change password | E-mail Directory | Check E-mail | Links | Contact us